Ph.D. student in CAR-T cell Engineering for Cancer Immunotherapy (m/f/d) in Vollzeit (65%). (KHS-27170)
Our research focuses on the development and clinical translation of adoptive cancer immunotherapy with T cells that have been modified by gene transfer to express chimeric antigen receptors (CARs). CAR-T cell therapy is a transformative treatment in cancer medicine and the PhD student for this project will have the ability to make a contribution to this transformation.
- The project focuses on a novel CAR format enabling the targeting of multiple antigens in parallel and includes a strong component of superresolution microscopy imaging.
- The project is based on CAR-T cell genetic engineering with in depth functional analyses in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo.
- The applicant will work as part of an experienced research team.
- The position will be integrated into an EU-founded Horizon project, having the opportunity to benefit from the very dense scientific community in cancer immunotherapy.
- The Program is designed for a 3-year period and can start immediately (from February 2023).
- Salary is paid according to the German public service scale based on candidates' background and experience (TV-L).
- Applicants for this position should have or be about to obtain their master's degree in biomedicine, biology, biophysics, biochemistry, or a related field with excellent result
- Have expertise in (T cell) immunology, ideally also mouse tumor models and molecular biology, incl. vector cloning.
- Have hands-on expertise in multi-color flow cytometric analysis, incl. data analysis using different software applications (FlowJo, Graph Pad Prism)
- Key characteristics of successful applicants will include a high level of enthusiasm, result oriented work style, analytical thinking, excellent communication and time management skills and the ability to face scientific challenges with creativity and dedication.
- Being one of the leading CAR-T research programs in Europe, we provide a stimulating environment with an international team of experienced, innovative scientists, medical doctors, and technicians with numerous national and international collaborators promoting top-class science.
Please send your application including a letter of motivation (German or English), expected availability date, CV and list of publications, bachelor/master thesis abstract, and an expressive letter of reference or the names of two potential referees as a combined pdf-file by email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org, Reference: “PhD-Student"
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik II,
PD Dr. Thomas Nerreter
Versbacher Straße 5,
Building E4/R 4.06b,
97078 Würzburg, Germany
Informationen zum Umgang mit Ihren Daten im Bewerbungsverfahren finden Sie unter www.ukw.de/recht/datenschutz
What you can look forward to:
- Attractive payment according to TV-L incl. company pension scheme and annual special payment
- Own free gym (training time: Mon-Fri 16:00 to 8:00; Sat-Sun 24h)
- Meal allowance in 5 canteens/coffee bars
- Workplace in the public sector
Anschrift für Bewerbungen